As Artificial Intelligence Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the development of a predictive classification system based on hundreds of thousands of pre-categorized research publications. You will lead and work with a highly talented team to create new computational topologies, train models, perform statistical comparisons between algorithm performance on datasets, assist in development of usability software, and participate in delivering results to the customer.
This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated individual to shape and chart their own path in the rapidly expanding deep learning, artificial intelligence and natural language processing landscape.
- Set up and manage our AI development and production infrastructure.
- Help AI product managers and business stakeholders understand the potential and limitations of AI when planning new products.
- Build data ingest and data transformation infrastructure.
- Identify transfer learning opportunities and new training datasets.
- Build AI models from scratch and help product managers and stakeholders understand results.
- Deploy AI models into production.
- Create APIs and help business customers put results of your AI models into operations.
- Keep current of latest AI research relevant to our business domain.
- Ph.D. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Math or related fields with specialization in deep learning and/or speech recognition.
- A solid understanding of deep learning, classification problems, algorithms and neural network computational models.
- Strong ability to train deep artificial neural network computational models.
- Skills with C, SAS, MATLAB, and/or R
- Experience with large datasets and augmentation
- >3 years working on classification or natural language related problems
- Development of a new neural network model(s)
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis frameworks, specifically Precision, Recall, and Specificity metrics
- Work on a commercial grade product
- Familiarity with state-of the art deep learning
- Familiarity an working experience with AI Platforms such as Watson, Pega, SageMaker, Azure ML, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, Ludwig, and others is highly desired
Candidate should also possess the following characteristics
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Self-starter able to take initiative in problem solving
- Desire for ownership of their system
Synergetics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace.