Synergetics is a professional services company that provides data driven experiences, business intelligence software solutions, information security, consulting, digital, technology, operations and R&D services. Synergetics builds government and enterprise data solutions, ranging from business process optimization to mission-critical software systems that save lives. Our cutting-edge solutions are used to detect earthquakes worldwide, track food supply chain, manage national water quality, and manage defense logistics worldwide.
Summary of Role
Synergetics is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join the team and be available for different clients. This role is located in Golden, CO. We are looking for an individual who is an independent worker, can keep up with dynamic customer needs, has exceptional problem solving skills, and comfortable with identifying and assisting pursuit in potential areas of growth for customers and for Synergetics.
- Ability to multitask and take on new technologies.
- Experience in an infrastructure as code environment
- Good knowledge of application development using Agile and DevOps best practices
- Experience with a highly available and scalable SaaS.
- Strong technical foundation in Microsoft technologies
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Experience with Docker or other containerization tools
- Strong scripting skills required: Python, Shell, etc
- Experience supporting multi-vendor technology solutions, especially with Amazon and Microsoft cloud solutions (i.e. AWS and Azure)
- Manage deliverables, strive for excellence by surpassing established standards
- Provide timely and detailed status updates to the business and stakeholders ensuring full visibility of any issues or activities
- Ability to identify situations that may be impactful to the business and take immediate action to prevent any potential issues
- Continuous delivery in both AWS and Azure DevOps cloud based infrastructures
- Operational point of contact for development, operations and testing environments.
- Evaluate current development and operations procedures, recommend and implement tools and practices to increase efficiency, reliability and repeatability.
- Operational review of cloud architecture with the goal of automating and improving the existing and future environments.
- Create workflows using best practices for configuration management/source control, continuous integration, build pipelines, and release pipelines
- Maintain strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and products
- Provide best practices, recommendations and guidance for use of the cloud in general
- Troubleshooting complex systems
- Create resolutions and recommendations based on incident investigations to provide greater protection and stability to the organization
- Develop excellent working relationship with peers across sites and multiple vendors, ensuring to contribute and adhere to best practices
- Lead the diagnosis of complex problems with our products and recommend solutions with minimal oversight
Education and Experience
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (for at least 3 years) with authorization to work for any employer in the US